viernes, 29 de abril de 2011

1975 Las Vegas March 18th - April 1st

Elvis In Concert Vegas March 75

The period from October 15th to March 1975 was one of Elvis' professional inactivity, as far as his music was concerned, in January Elvis turned 40. And the world press made most of the fact, and mostly unkind comments at that. Elvis' January engagement in Vegas had been postponed until March so Elvis could be the first act to perform in the expanded hotel. At the end of January Elvis was admitted to the Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis for what was called a "General work-up". On the 10th of March Elvis was in the recording studio for the first time in sixteen months, Elvis went to the RCA Studio in Hollywood to cut the tracks for his new forthcoming album "Elvis Today" this just took Elvis 3 days to do. It's rumoured that Elvis did a rundown of the song "Country Bumpkin"

Elvis opened at the Las Vegas Hilton for two weeks, this was to coincide with the April 1st Grand Opening of the Hilton's new $20,000,000 thirty-story, 620-room extension, Making the Hilton the largest resort and convention hotel in the world, with a total of 2,139 rooms.  The runway into the audience in the showroom was also removed   

Las Vegas, NV March 18th OP/S CD Top Acts In Vegas Vol. 5
C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; And I Love You So; Let Me Be There; It's Midnight; Big Boss Man; Green, Green Grass Of Home; Burning Love; Love Me; Fairytale; Introductions; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Promised Land; Until It's Time For You To Go; Introduction Of Glen Campbell; When It's My Time (The Stamps); Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++-
Hilton Hotel


Las Vegas, NV March 19th D/S                   
Hilton Hotel                                                                           
Las Vegas, NV March 19th M/S
Hilton Hotel                                                                           
Las Vegas, NV March 20th D/S
Hilton Hotel                                                                           
Las Vegas, NV March 20th M/S
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV March 21st D/S Audio
2001 Theme; C, C Rider; When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again/I Got A Woman/Amen; Elvis Says Good Evening My Name Is Mohammed Ali; Love Me; Burning Love; It's Midnight; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; Love Me Tender; Hound Dog; Introductions & Solos; My Boy; If You Love Me Let Me Know; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There; American Trilogy; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV March 21st M/S Audio

C, C Rider; Elvis recites the words "Our Father We…. Why Me Lord"; I Got A Woman/Amen; Dialogue; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight Promised Land; Fairytale; Introductions cut; My Boy includes false start; Elvis apologies for forgetting the words; I'll Remember You; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Heartbreak Hotel; Hound Dog; Bridge Over Troubled Water; Let Me Be There; Can't Help Falling In Love.
Sound ++- 48min.
Hilton Hotel       

Las Vegas, NV     March 22nd  D/S Audio

C, C Rider; Elvis mentions he was in Hospital; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Burning Love; Fairytale; Introductions/James Burton Solo/Ronnie Tutt Solo and others; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Hound Dog (remaining part of the show incomplete)                                              
Sound +++-
Hilton Hotel  
                                                                       
Las Vegas, NV     March 22nd  M/S CD A Profile Vol. 2 Disc 4

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Promised Land; Green, Green Grass Of Home; Fairytale; Introductions; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There + Reprise; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Hound Dog; You're The Reason I'm Living; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++++++                                                            
Hilton Hotel

Bonus Tracks: - How The Web Was Woven: I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen. Informal Rehearsal at MGM Culver City, 16th July 1970

Las Vegas, NV March 23rd D/S
Hilton Hotel                                                                           
Las Vegas, NV March 23rd M/S
Hilton Hotel                                                                           
Las Vegas, NV March 24th D/S
Hilton Hotel                                                                           
Las Vegas, NV March 24th M/S
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV March 25th D/S Audio
C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Promised Land; Fairytale; Introductions & Solos; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There; Heartbreak Hotel; Hound Dog; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++-
Hilton Hotel          
                                                                 
(Excellent Instrumental by James Burton)


Las Vegas, NV March 25th M/S CD Top Acts In Vegas Vol. 1

C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; I Can Help (Few Words Only); Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Promised Land; Fairytale; Introductions; School Days; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There; Why Me Lord; My Heavenly Father (Kathy Westmoreland); Hound Dog; Cant Help Falling In Love
Sound +++
Hilton Hotel

Las Vegas, NV March 26th D/S Audio

C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Dialogue; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Promised Land; Fairytale; Introductions & Solos; Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Heartbreak Hotel; Hound Dog; Can't Help Falling In Love...
Sound ++-
Hilton Hotel

Las Vegas, NV March 26th M/S Audio

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Dialogue; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight (with false start); Promised Land Fairytale (Elvis stops half way through and then restarts after reciting a little of Jambalaya); Introductions/What'd I Say/Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There + reprise; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Until It's Time For You To Go; Burning Love; Steamroller Blues...(Incomplete Show)                                   
Sound ++-
White three piece suit 
Hilton Hotel 
                                                                          
Rated by fans as one of Elvis' best performances

Las Vegas, NV March 27th D/S Audio
C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Promised Land; Fairytale; Introductions & Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Help Me; Let Me Be There; American Trilogy; Can't Help Falling In Love

Sound +++
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV March 27th M/S Audio
C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Burning Love; Fairytale; Introductions/Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; My Boy; Help Me; Let Me Be There; Until It's Time For You To Go; The Lords Prayer (2 lines); Heartbreak Hotel; Hound Dog; Bridge Over Troubled Water; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++ 60min
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV March 28th D/S Audio

C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Help Me; I'm Leavin'; Introductions & Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There; Heartbreak Hotel; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++- 51min
Hilton Hotel         

Las Vegas, NV March 28th M/S Audio

C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Promised Land; Fairytale; Introductions & Solos; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Heartbreak Hotel; Hound Dog; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++-
Blue Three piece suit
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV March 29th D/S Audio

C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Burning Love; Introductions/What'd I Say/Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; My Boy; I'll Remember You; When It's My Time (J.D Sumner & The Stamps); Let Me Be There; Hawaiian Wedding Song (by Shaun Nielsen); Hound Dog; Can't Help Falling In Love

Sound ++- 52min
Hilton Hotel                                                                           
(N.B Elvis sings 1 Line of "That's Amore")

Las Vegas, NV March 29th M/S Audio
C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Burning Love; Introductions & Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; My Boy; I'll Remember You; My Heavenly Father (Kathy Westmoreland); Let Me Be There + reprise; The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face; Tiger Man; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++- 57min
Hilton Hotel     
                                                                      
During this show, two men jumped on to the stage and in the struggle with the security, one of them ended up on Ronnie Tutt's drum set. 

Las Vegas, NV March 30th D/S LP The Live Years - Las Vegas Hilton
2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If you Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love you So; Big Boss Man; Love Me Tender; Burning Love; Introductions/What'd I Say/Lawdy Miss Clawdy/School Days; How Great Thou Art; Hound Dog; First Time Ever I Saw Your Face; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++-
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV March 30th M/S Audio

C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Burning Love; Introductions/What'd I Say/Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There; Elvis tries For The Good Times but fails; Funny How Times Slip Away; Hound Dog; Sweet Caroline; Softly As I Leave You; Little Darling; Can't Help Falling In Love.
Sound ++- 70min 
Hilton Hotel

Las Vegas, NV March 31st D/S Audio

C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Dialogue; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Burning Love; Introductions/What'd I Say/Drum Solo/Fender Bass Solo/Introductions/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; My Boy; Dialogue; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There; My Heavenly Father (K. Westmoreland); Hound Dog; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++/+++-
Hilton Hotel

Elvis hit the stage "raring to go" as one fan put it. However the audience was very subdued towards Elvis no matter what he tried. Elvis even said "Let's do 'If You Love Me Let Me Know" maybe that'll wake this damn audience up".

Las Vegas, NV March 31st M/S   Audio

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Intro to "Big Boss Man"; Dialogue; You Don't Have To Say You Love Me; The Wonder Of You; Burning Love; Introductions/What'd I Say/Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; Fairytale; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There + reprise; Hound Dog; Dialogue; Elvis asks what the fans want to hear next; Bridge Over Troubled Water; Little Darling; Elvis introduces Liberace; Hawaiian Wedding Song; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++ 59min
Hilton Hotel

Following the opening number Elvis exclaimed, "Oh my God, I thought the same audience from the dinner show was back again!" Then he laughed

Las Vegas, NV April 1st D/S CD Rockin' With Elvis April Fools Day

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; Dialogue; I Got A Woman/Amen; Dialogue; Love Me; If You Love Me let Me Know; And I Love you So; Big Boss Man; The Wonder Of You; Burning Love; Introductions/Solos/Introduction Of Roy Clark & The Owner Of The Hilton; My Boy; I'll Remember You; Let Me Be There; Intro. Of Hugh O'Brian; How Great Thou Art; Hound Dog; Fairytale; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++++-                                                                                                                                      
Hilton Hotel

Las Vegas, NV April 1st CL/S CD On An April Fools Day Vol. 2

C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; If You Love Me Let Me Know; And I Love You So; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Burning Love; Introductions & Solos/What'd I Say/Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll/Intro. Of Col Parker (To The Jingle Bells Theme); You Do Something To Me (Part); You Don't Have To Say You Love Me; The Wonder Of You; Let Me Be There + reprise; American Trilogy; Help Me Make It Through The Night; M.I.C.K.E.Y M.O.U.S.E March; Little Darling; Don't Be Cruel; Steamroller Blues; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++++
Hilton Hotel
Total Attendance 63,800 
Following the show Elvis hosted a party in his penthouse suit. During the festivities, he refused to see Conrad Hilton's son, who showed up expecting to be admitted, Also after the closing show Elvis returned to Graceland, instead of staying in Vegas for a few days. As Elvis was going to be back on the road in three weeks

No hay comentarios: