viernes, 29 de abril de 2011

1975 Las Vegas December 2nd - 15th & Pontiac 31st

Elvis In Concert December 1975

Elvis third appearance in Vegas in 1975 was called the "Pre-Holiday Jubilee". This engagement was to get Elvis to complete his cancelled shows from August, and as Vegas normally closed down in December, it was a risk to get Elvis in as it was normally so quiet at this time of year. But as usual Elvis changed all that, and Vegas came alive as soon as it was mentioned Elvis would be coming to town.

Las Vegas, NVDecember 2nd OP/S CD Seasons Greetings From Elvis
2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Dialogue; Love Me; Fairytale; Big Boss Man; It's Midnight; Early Morning Rain; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Hound Dog; You've Lost That Loving Feeling; Dialogue; Blue Christmas; Polk Salad Annie; My Boy; How Great Thou Art; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; Softly As I Leave You; America; Can't Help Falling In Love.
Sound +++-
White V-neck Puff Sleeves
Hilton Hotel

                                                                           
Las Vegas, NV     December 3rd  10pm/S Track Listing Available
2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Fairytale; Big Boss Man; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Blue Christmas; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions & Solos; My Boy; Just Pretend; How Great Thou Art; Burning Love; Softly As I Leave You; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; America; Can't Help Falling In Love
56mins VG/Q
(Possibl)y the rainfall suit
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV     December 4th  10pm/S Track Listing Available

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Fairytale; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; Blue Suede Shoes; It's Now Or Never; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions & Solos; Just Pretend; Bridge Over Troubled Water; Burning Love; Softly As I Leave You; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; America; Little Darling; Can't Help Falling In Love
60mins AV/Q
Gypsy Alpine
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV     December 5th  10pm/S Audio

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Fairytale; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Blue Suede Shoes; Just Pretend; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions & Solos; It's Now Or Never; How Great Thou Art; One Night; Softly As I Leave You; America; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++
White V-neck Puff Sleeves
Hilton Hotel  
                   
Lisa Marie was in the audience with Linda Thompson, but Elvis did not introduce her for security reasons, it's also rumoured that Glen D. Hardin was ready to quiet the band, because of Elvis comments to him.   
                                                     
Las Vegas, NV     December 6th  D/S Audio
2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Happy Birthday + Reprise; Love Me; Fairytale; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Hound Dog; Sweet Caroline; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions & Solos/Johnny B.Goode; Just Pretend; How Great Thou Art; Burning Love; Softly As I Leave You; America; Can't Help Falling In Love.
Sound +++
Hilton Hotel    
                                                                       

Las Vegas, NV     December 6th  M/S
Hilton Hotel  
                                                                        
Las Vegas, NV     December 7th  10pm/S CD-R Las Vegas Review
2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Hound Dog; Fairytale; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; One Night; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions/Johnny B. Goode/ Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; I'll Remember You; How Great Thou Art; Early Morning Rain; It's Now Or Never; Softly As I Leave You; America; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++- 59mins
Gypsy Alpine
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV     December 8th  10pm/S Track Listing Available

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Fairytale; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Until It's Time For You To Go; You Gave Me A Mountain; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions & Solos; Just Pretend; It's Now Or Never; One Night; How Great Thou Art; Softly As I Leave You; America; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; Can't Help Falling In Love
65mins VG/Q
White Jumpsuit with silver design
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV     December 9th  10pm/S Track Listing Available

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Fairytale; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Love Me Tender; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions & Solos; Just Pretend; How Great Thou Art; Burning Love; Softly As I Leave You; America; It's Now Or Never; One Night; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; Can't Help Falling In Love
68mins AV/Q
Black Jumpsuit with turquoise shirt with Puff sleeves
Hilton Hotel                                                                           

Las Vegas, NV     December 10th  10pm/S CD Neon City Lights

C, C Rider/Can't Help Falling In Love; When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again; I Got A Woman/Amen; Fairytale; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; Polk Salad Annie; Just Pretend; How Great Thou Art; America; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; My Way; Blue Christmas; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++-
Hilton Hotel

Bonus Tracks:-American Trilogy(02/05/76 LV); Reconsider Baby(07/05/76 LT) I Just Can't Help Believing(02/12/76 LV); You Better Run/Rock My Soul(11/12/76 LV); That's All Right(11/12/76 LV); Snow Bird 19/02/71 LV) LV= Las Vegas LT= Lake Tahoe.

Las Vegas, NV     December 11th  10pm/S Audio
2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Fairytale; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Hound Dog; Happy Birthday; Until It's Time For You To Go; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions Johnny B. Goode/Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; Just Pretend; How Great Thou Art; Burning Love; Softly As I Leave You; America; It's Now Or Never; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++ 65mins
Hilton Hotel
                                                                           
Las Vegas, NV     December 12th  10pm/S Audio

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Trying To Get To You; And I Love You So; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; One Night; You Gave Me A Mountain; Polk Salad Annie; Guadalajara; Introductions Johnny B. Goode/Solos/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; Just Pretend; How Great Thou Art; Softly As I Leave You; America; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; Little Sister; O Sole Mio/It's Now Or Never; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound +++ 70mins
Hilton Hotel        
     
Lisa Marie and Vernon were in the audience, Elvis introduced them to the fans.
                                                             
Las Vegas, NV     December 13th  D/S Audio
2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Help Me Make It Through The Night; Trying To Get To You; And I Love You So; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Wooden Heart; You Gave Me A Mountain; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions James Burton & Ronnie Tutt Solo, Jerry Scheff & Glen Hardin Solos/Introductions/Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll + reprise; How Great Thou Art; Softly As I Leave You; America; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; My Heavenly Father - by Kathy Westmoreland; Blue Christmas; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++++-
Black V-neck suit with red & gold design with a white shirt
Hilton Hotel    
                                                                    
Lisa Marie was in the audience once more

Las Vegas, NV     December 13th  M/S CD Just Pretend
C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Trying To Get To You; And I Love So; Al Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; You Gave Me A Mountain; Help Me Make It Through The Night; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions/Johnny B.Goode/Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll; Just Pretend; How Great Thou Art; Burning Love; Hound Dog/Welcome To My World; Softly As I Leave You; America; It's Now Or Never/O Sole Mio; Little Darlin'; Little Sister; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++++++
Light Blue Jumpsuit with Silver Eagle
Hilton Hotel

Las Vegas, NV     December 14th  10pm/S CD King Of Entertainment

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Trying To Get To You; And I Love You So; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Hound Dog; I'm Leavin'; You Gave Me A Mountain; Polk Salad Annie; Just Pretend; How Great Thou Art; Softly As I Leave You; America; Sweet, Sweet Spirit (Stamps) Little Sister; One Night; Until It's Time For You To Go; First Time Ever I Saw Your Face; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; O Sole Mio/It's Now Or Never.(Incomplete)
Sound +++-
Hilton Hotel

Las Vegas, NV     December 15th  CL/S LP Softly As I Leave You

2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Love Me; Fairytale; And I Love You So; Trying To Get To You; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Hound Dog; I'm Leavin'; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions & Solos; Just Pretend; Softly As I Leave You; America; Little Sister; One Night; Until It's Time For You To Go; First Time Ever I Saw Your Face; Mystery Train/Tiger Man; It's Now Or Never; Can't Help Falling In Love
83mins +++
White Jumpsuit with silver design
Hilton Hotel                                                             
Total Attendance 30,800 

During Elvis' closing show there were more people in the showroom than all the showrooms in the "Strip" combined. In appreciation, the Hilton presented Elvis with a gold medallion with his name written in diamonds, after staying in Vegas for two days. Elvis and Linda Thompson returned to Memphis. 

Elvis flew to Pontiac, Michigan, on December 26th to check up on the preparations for his first New Years Eve Concert. He stayed two days before returning to Memphis. Elvis again left for Pontiac, Michigan, around midnight on the 30th two of Elvis' girl friends were on and Linda Thompson and Shelia Ryan, as were Vernon and Lisa Marie.
Before the show there was a threat on Elvis' life, so security was tightened for this show. After the show it was reported that a man carrying a pistol was arrested.

Pontiac, MI       December 31st  E/S CD Happy New Year From Pontiac
Opening acts announced by Jackie Kahane; 2001 Theme; C, C Rider; I Got A Woman/Amen; Elvis mentions he has split his pants, also this is the largest audience he's ever played to; Love Me; Trying To Get To You; And I Love You So; All Shook Up; Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel; Heartbreak Hotel; One Night; You Gave Me A Mountain; Polk Salad Annie; Elvis mentions this is the best new year he's ever had, he also leaves to change his suit; Sweet, Sweet Spirit (J. D & The Stamps) Introductions/What'd I Say/ Solos/ Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll; My Way; Love Me Tender; Elvis wishes everyone a happy new year and asks everyone to sing along at midnight; Auld Lang Syne; How Great Thou Art + reprise; It's Now Or Never; America; Elvis thanks everyone for coming to the show, again mentioning this is the largest live audience he's ever played to, he also thanks the band and Charlie Hodge gets a special mention as he was forgotten about during the introductions, Elvis introduces Lisa & Vernon, Elvis then asks what the audience wants to hear; Hound Dog; Wooden Heart(Part); Can't Help Falling In Love

90mins ++++- 134:51 minutes
Pontiac Stadium                  
White Stud & White V-Neck with Blue Trim
60,500

After the show Elvis and the group returned to Memphis on the "Lisa Marie" to celebrate the New Year.   

No hay comentarios: