martes, 26 de abril de 2011

1973 Hawaii January 12th & 14th

Elvis In Concert 1973

Elvis' biggest challenge to date, a worldwide TV special to be beamed around the world via satellite, Elvis would perform in front of over a billion fans, "Live". The news was first mentioned way back at the beginning of July 1972, Elvis would be doing a worldwide TV Special sometime in October or November of 1972.
Following Elvis' summer engagement at the Las Vegas Hilton, Elvis and Rocco Laginestra, President of RCA Records formally announced that the TV Special would happen in January of 1973, and that it would be at the H.I.C Arena, in Hawaii. There would also be a worldwide release of the show on album.

America wouldn't get to see the special until Wednesday the 4th April of 1973.
Elvis held a second press conference, this time in Hawaii following his shows, on the 20th November 1972, Elvis updated the press on the final arrangements and changes. Among the changes there would be two shows, this would include a full dress rehearsal just in case anything should go wrong with the satellite on the day.
On the 7th of January tickets went on sale at the International convention centre Arena box office in Honolulu, the seating capacity was reduced from 8,500 to 6,000 to allow for the TV cameras and recording equipment. The tickets were by donation only, there was no set price. The funds raised would go to the Kui Lee Cancer Fund. Both shows brought a total of $75,000 it was thought because of the no set price on tickets they would only raise $25,000.
On January 10th & 11th Elvis held rehearsals at the International Convention Centre for the programme, The following songs were probably part of the rehearsals but weren't used in the shows:- "My Babe, Little Sister, One Night, It's Impossible, Lawdy Miss Clawdy, All Shook Up, The Wonder Of You, Teddy Bear, Don't Be Cruel, How Great Thou Art & I Got A Woman" . It is not known if any of these rehearsals were filmed or not.

Honolulu, HA January 12th E/S CD The Alternate Aloha              
2001 Theme; C, C Rider; Burning Love; Something; You Gave Me A Mountain; Steamroller Blues; My Way; Love Me; It's Over; Blue Suede Shoes; I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry; Hound Dog; What Now My Love; Fever; Welcome To My World; Suspicious Minds; Introductions; I'll Remember You; American Trilogy; A Big Hunk O'Love; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++++++                                                            
The H.I. C, Arena                
American Eagle/Blue Cape               
6,000

Bonus Tracks: - Blue Hawaii; Hawaiian Wedding Song; Ku-u-i-po.

      
Honolulu, HA January 14th E/S CD Aloha From Hawaii   
2001 Theme; C, C Rider; Burning Love; Something; You Gave Me A Mountain; Steamroller Blues; My Way; Love Me; Johnny B.Goode; It's Over; Blue Suede Shoes; I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry; I Can't Stop Loving You; Hound Dog; What Now My Love; Fever; Welcome To My World; Suspicious Minds; Introductions; I'll Remember You; Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin'; American Trilogy; A Big Hunk O'Love; Can't Help Falling In Love
Sound ++++++                                                                                                                                     
The H.I.C, Arena                 
American Eagle/Blue Cape               
6,000

Recorded After The Show:- Blue Hawaii; Ku-u-i-po; No More; Hawaiian Wedding Song; Early Morning Rain
After the show it is reported that Elvis slept for twenty hours straight. On Monday the 15th Elvis and his entourage flew back to Los Angeles.

No hay comentarios: