martes, 17 de enero de 2012

Two Kings



 

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqb9WfXlBs4

 

 

 

Two Kings celebrate the legacies of Elvis Presley and Martin Luther King

Jack Dennis

, San Antonio Arts Examiner

January 14, 2012

I first met Pam Tillis in Las Vegas, Nevada in July 1979 while she was singing backup  to her father, country music singer Mel Tillis.
Mel surprised his daughter by announcing to the crowd at the Frontier Hotel that night that he was inviting up front so she could sing a song by herself.
"Daddy would do that occasionally," Tillis laughed later. "So I am always ready."
"Daddy always says he  wanted to play at the Frontier because that is where Elvis played, but we are close enough here at the Frontier," she laughed after the show.
The Stardust, which was imploded in 2006, had the distinct history of being the first place Elvis Presley ever performed in Vegas, back in 1956.
Mel Tillis introduced his next big hit that night. It was "Are You Sincere?," a song Elvis had recorded and released a few years before his death in 1977. 
Years later, daughter Pam, released a big hit "Maybe It Was Memphis."
It is only fitting that Pam Tillis today, pays tribute to Elvis, the King of Rock and Roll, and another King, Martin Luther in her co-written song 'Two Kings.'

Pam Tillis and Kris Thomas join in the soulful and inspiring "Two Kings" to honor Elvis and MLK.

Credits: 

Pam Tillis website

Video: Two Kings

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqb9WfXlBs4

 

 

Rating for Two Kings, a song celebrating the legacy of Elvis Presley and Dr. Martin Luther King:

5

Related Topics

 

 

 

www.raisedonelvis.com     

 

 

 

 

I believe in the bible, I believe that all good things come from God. I don't believe I'd sing the way I do if God hadn't wanted me to.
My voice is God's will, not mine." ~Elvis Presley
 


"I could never become so rich that I would forget what it's like to be poor." Elvis Presley

 

 

No hay comentarios: