viernes, 6 de enero de 2012

January 03, On this day in Elvis history


January 03, 1953 -
Vernon and Gladys Presley paid $50 for a 1942 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe as 
a present for their son Elvis' eighteenth birthday. 

Elvis performed at the Von Theater, Booneville, Mississippi at 6.00 and 8.00 p.m. Elvis was advertised as "The Folk Music Fireball."
Elvis went shopping for clothes at Lansky's.
For a little while now horses were very popular with Elvis and the boys. They only rent out the Memphian for movies four times this month. Almost everything had to do with horseback riding these days. During the next 2 weeks Elvis would not only purchase his own favorite horse, which he renamed in Rising Sun, but he also bought a horse for his father.
Elvis complained to RCA about the mastering of his new single Guitar Man. According to Elvis the sound was different than the sound he had achieved in the studio, where his voice was more integrated with the band.
Elvis spent over $3,900 to remodel 2 rooms and a bathroom in the basement of Graceland to be used as an apartment for Charlie Hodge.
Due to toothache Elvis went to the dentist.
Elvis flew Ginger and her family to Harrison, Arkansas, to attend the funeral of Ginger's grandfather.
January 03, 2000
The "American Originals Part IV" exhibition at the National Archives Rotunda closed to the public. One of the letters featured was from Elvis Presley to U.S. President Nixon. It read, "Dear Mr. President, First I would like to introduce myself. I am Elvis Presley and admire you and have great respect for your office. I talked to Vice President Agnew in Palm Springs 3 weeks ago and expressed my concern for our country. . . Sir I can and will be of any service that I can to help the country out. . . .I can and will do more good if I were made a Federal agent at large. . . Respectfully Elvis Presley P.S. I believe that you Sir were one of the top ten outstanding men of America."

No hay comentarios: