lunes, 3 de octubre de 2011

September 22, On This day in Elvis history

September 22, 1955
Elvis performed at the Civic Auditorium, Kingsport, Tennessee, which was the last show of a tour.
September 22, 1958
The troop train arrived in Brooklyn at 9.00 a.m. Elvis held a press conference and once again 
expressed his hope that the fans won't forget him. He walked up the gangplank of the USS Randall 8 times, 
carrying his duffel bag, so the press could all get a good shot. During the crossing Elvis and Charlie became 
good friends. Charlie cheered him up.
September 22, 1962
Elvis was at Radio Recorders from 11.30 a.m. to 11.00 p.m. to complete soundtrack recording for 
It Happened At The World's Fair. Don Robertson, songwriter, was invited to play at the session, either piano or organ.
September 22, 1964
Elvis called Dr. Charles Clarke, because Elvis wasn't well. Clarke came out to Graceland and submitted a 
bill of $10 for a house call.
September 22, 1969
Elvis flew back home to Memphis arriving very early in the morning. He remained in Memphis until 5 October, 
except for some brief trips to Nashville and Dallas.
September 22, 1970
A day late and in a terrible mood Elvis arrived at the RCA studio in Nashville at 7.00 p.m. The entire evening Elvis
 tried to speed up things and in 6 hours time they recorded both sides of a single. (Where Did They Go, 
Lord and Rags To Riches) They also completed the 2 songs ("Snowbird" and "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On") 
left to complete the country album. Due to absence James Burton was replaced by Eddie Hinton on lead guitar.
September 22, 1973
RCA wanted Elvis to complete at least 4 vocals for tracks Felton Jarvis had already recorded. So with the approval of
 the Colonel, there was a mobile recording truck sent to Elvis' Chino Canyon home in Palm Springs, where recording was
 done September 22-24, resulting in 9 songs which were included on the "Raised On Rock" album.
Donnie Sumner and his band group Voice recorded with Elvis for the first time during this session. On the first night, 
after spending a lot of time with Voice for their demos, Elvis finally completed the overdubbing of one of his own 
songs "Sweet Angeline" at 3:00 a.m.

No hay comentarios: