miércoles, 26 de octubre de 2022

Elvis and Bobby Dick.

 

 Elvis and  Bobby Dick. He was part of 'Bobby Dick and the Sundowners' who mainly covered contemporary bands and opened for the Stones, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Tina Turner and others.

A little about these two above pictures from Bobby

 

Hi

Photo was taken by my brother Michael Dick unsing Pentax 35 mm Spot-Matic on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood sometime in April of 1968 while Elvis was taping his Elvis 1968 T.V. Special.

It was outside the offices of ³Binder and Howe², ie: Steve Binder and Bones Howe who produced and recorded show for t.v. At the time, The Sundowners were also being recorded and produced by Bones Howe for Decca Records and during a meeting, Bones mentioned to me that Elvis was in the next office. In any case, I had another appointment, so my brother and I got in the elevator and all of a sudden we heard someone say ³Hold on there² . . . and who gets in but Elvis?

He was very friendly, allowed numerous photo ops with my brother and I, right there on Sunset Boulevard. Later in 1973 while Elvis was touring in Hampton, Virginia, I was able to get back stage using 8 x 10 photo of Elvis and myself and Elvis signed white Kodak carboard frame with picture from photo store. By the way, he was in great voice and being concert was in Virginia, when he started singing American Trilogy . . . you thought the South was going to rise again.

Thanks for your interest,

Bobby Dick

 

No hay comentarios: