Guitar Man Sessions
This volume will contain great quality footage of Elvis in Vegas 1956, the complete Elvis sails Brooklyn interview, arriving in Germany, Chicago 1972 almost 11 minutes long, arriving in Hawaii in 1961and 1962, and a tribute to the 50th anniversary of the 1961 Pearl Harbor show. There is more Hawaii footage in great quality of the Aloha press conference in Las Vegas plus much more ... View the fantastic cover art.
Due for release on May 15 is a new book: Elvis : The King Of Hawaii from The Elvis Files author Erik Lorentzen who advises the that this new book will be in the same format and size [400 pages, 1300 + pictures] as his critical acclaimed book, Elvis : The King Of Las Vegas. The Elvis Files 4 is delayed because Eric came across more photo's of the years 1968-1969 which he wants to put in Elvis Files Vol 4.
FTD have released Elvis Sings Guitar Man and Live In LA, and our order is now on its way to us after the Easter break.
Jerry Reed and Elvis' Guitar Man Sessions : Completely updated
A look at Elvis' Guitar Man Sessions with Jerry Reed. Jerry Reed immediately took over the session, you can hear it from the first notes of the first take - Reed is coaching the musicians, encouraging them, egging them on, with Felton happy just to be presiding over some thing that is actually happening. There is a bright, shimmering surface to the music different in many respects from anything Elvis has ever recorded before but providing, at the same time, the kind of churning, driving rhythm that has characterized Elvis' music from the first. There is not the slightest question of Elvis' engagement. There is no self-deprecation, there is no wisecracking; all of the singer's attention is focused on the music. Completely updated.
FTD releases Elvis Sings Guitar Man and Live In LA, to be here in about 10-14 days, and are aiming to be back at full tilt at that time.
Have you heard the news ...
Online now is our Review of the G.I. Blues : The Cafe Europa Sessions 4 CD Deluxe Set.
- Jerry Reed and Elvis' Guitar Man and U.S. Male Sessions
- Released : Elvis Sings Guitar Man 2 CD Set & Live In LA CD
- The woman kissed by Elvis (when she was 15) : A great story and new photos from August 1956
- Budapest Names Small Park After Elvis Presley
- Presley Doesn't Wiggle Any More - but the fans still scream for him non-stop!
- Hot Shots And Cool Clips Volume 5 DVD
- Elvis : The King Of Hawaii from The Elvis Files author Erik Lorentzen
- FTD Update : Elvis Sings Guitar Man & Live In LA
- Elvis '69 : Change Of Habit Book From JAT [Check out the name of his other book, out this year !!!!]
- Elvis : Rock, ??? and Roll : Elvis 1956 Book From JAT Publishing
- Review of the G.I. Blues : The Cafe Europa Sessions 4 CD Deluxe Set
- Elvis Presleys National TV Appearances In The 1950s
- Photos : Elvis Presley : The G.I. Blues Recording Sessions : 1960
- Photos : Elvis Presley : Tulsa, OK : July 4, 1976
There is lots more news and articles online everyday at http://www.elvis.com.au
And as always this newsletter can be read online at http://member.elvis.com.au/Elvis Presleys National TV Appearances In The 1950s
Elvis Presley first appeared on national television in the USA on January 28, 1956, on The Dorsey Brothers Stage Show in New York. On Monday, January 23, 1956, Elvis, Scotty Moore, Bill Black and D.J. Fontana rehearsed in Memphis for their television debut. Elvis and Colonel Parker flew to New York on Wednesday the 25th. They stayed at the Warwick Hotel on 52nd Street. Elvis ate dinner in the Hickory House restaurant the night they arrived and did some sightseeing on the 26th. Perhaps as an indicator of things to come, Scotty, Bill and D.J. were not afforded a plane trip and drove from Memphis to New York and arrived on January 27th.